The main research task of the LRS was an investigation of interstellar
medium of our Galaxy using its line emission in radio domain with the help
of the gratest RATAN-600 Radio Telescope.
The LRS includes astrophisicists, VHF engineeres, electronics engineeres,
digital device engineers and programmers.It has two divisions: the first
is situated at St.Petersburg and the second one at Zelenchukskaja.
The following problems has been included into the research field of the
1. The complex investigation of the Interstellar Clouds structure
on the different scales and with the different radio lines for
understanding of structure, dynamics and evolution of interstar
gas and its interaction with other galactic constituents and the
conditions for star formation.
This includes search and investigation of Interstellar gas clouds
in the scales from 0.1 to 1000 pc in the Neutral Hydrogen ( HI ) radio
line at 21 cm, in the four lines of hydroxyl ( OH ) at 18 cm , in the
formaldehyde ( H2CO ) line at 6.2 cm and in water wapour ( H2O ) line at
Morphology data and cloud phisical characteristics can be used for
solving the following problems:
There are following steps to fulfil the problem:
- Hydrodynamic Theory of Star formation.
- Interstar Turbulence and observed scale range and mass of
different Galaxy structures.
- Investigation of interaction of unstable and relativistic
objects with interstar medium.
2. The investigation of phisical and evolutional characteristics of the
large scale structures of the interstar gas in the Galaxy.
- The HI gas structure investigation in different scales in the
Galaxy region of +- 15 degrees of latitude all over the sky and
on high galactic latitudes.
- The maps of OH and H2CO absorption lines across the source disks
with resolution of 2' -- 40''.
- The measurements of coordinates and fluxes of OH and H2O
The following investigations are being taken on :
These data can be used for solving the problems of interstar gas
evolution in the Galaxy and of spiral structure formation.
There are the following steps to fulfil the problem:
- The complex investigation of the Galaxy Center Region in
the radio lines HI, OH, H2CO and H2O.
- The investigation of the structure and kinematics of the
some large scale Galaxy Regions.
- Structure of galactic gas layer along Z-coordinate in the
spiral arms and between them.
- Large scale investigation of gas parameters in disk and on
- The investigations of cold gas with its absorpsion lines.
3. The search of the gas clouds along the cosmic distance using their
emission lines HI in 0.21 - 1.0 m wave range and CO in 0.26 - 1.35 cm
- The observation of interstar gas emission with a large region
all over the sky.
- The detaching and the consequent processing of the large scale
- The obtaining of structure's parameters.
- The investigation of the structure's interactions with another
The including of long time of integration of the signal with the special
secondary mirror " Type 5 " of the RATAN - 600 , the search and
investigation of this hypothetical emission or stationg of its upper
limit will be the basis for solving the following problems :
4. The measurement of the hight profile of water vapour concentration
in the Earth Atmosphere on 40 - 80 km hight level.
- The search of the clouds of the Primary gas and the
investigation of the problem of creation of Primary
Structures in the Univers.
- The investigation of the large scale Universe Structure.
- The problem solution of the basic constants changing along
the Cosmic Time Scale.
The problem includes the development and creation of the
specialyzed devices and observation technique for atmosphere
water vapour concentration measurement using its radiation at
1.35 cm wavelength.
These data are needed for the solution the following problems :
- The chemical of the atmosphere radicals, espatially, ozone.
- The developing of standard Atmosphere models.
- The investigation of the radiative budget energy in Stratosphere
- The temperature distribution along the height.
- The investigation of the troposphere-stratosphere
interchanging and the investigation of meridional water transport.
- The cluster ion investigation at the lower Ionosphere.