The ADLab was organized in 1979. It was developed from the Group of Optico-Electronic Multichannel Systems (GOEMS) that had existed since 1974. The principal trends of its activity were:
- designing of high-sensitivity imaging systems for the 6-m telescope of the Russian AS;
- development of new-type image detectors for astronomy in cooperation with other research and industrial institutions.
In the 1970s - 1980s the GOEMS and then ADLab was concerned with the development of photometric devices based on television principles, namely:
- analog TV tube systems incorporating image tubes with charge accumulation (SEC vidicon, silicon vidicon, SIT vidicon and others) and digital processing of videosignal;
- digital photon-counting TV systems;
- high-sensitivity guiding systems for telescopes.
In cooperation with industrial institutions research was carried out on the creation of new TV tubes, microchannel plate intensifiers and other kinds of photoelectronic devices.
Various pieces of scientific apparatus were put into operation at the 6-m telescope and also at other institutions and universities of Russia.
In 1986 the first CCD system incorporating an array of 512 x 576 pixels was developed in the Lab. In the years that followed another 14 CCD systems using various CCDs were designed.
In the 1990s the Laboratory has been going on with the investigations concerning the creation of high-quality CCD camera systems with the use of digital signal processors, has been developing methods of signal processing in real time.
The Laboratory's activity is permanently supported by state scientific-and-engineering programmes in the field of astronomy.
How to contact us
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Regular Mail: Special Astrophysical Observatory, Nizhnij Arkhyz, Karachai-Circassian Republic, Russia, 357147 Phone/Fax: +7-(901)-4982931; +7-(095)-2341780 (in Moscow department of SAO RAS)